Thursday, April 26, 2012

Save Those Jars!


While we were in Arkansas for vacation last week, my mom and I went to their local Atwoods, (best store ever) and picked up a bunch of small mason jars to store our spices in. She bought the small size so she could stick them to her fridge with magnets and I bought a larger size to sit on my counter top. I am in love with how it looks and how easy it was, so I looked up some other things I could do with jars.

I found some super cute citronella candle jars sprayed with frosted glass spray paint to use outside. One person painted hers bright colors and used them to grow herbs in her kitchen window while another made an amazingly cool flower vase for their shelf.

Of course, mason jars are perfect for storing food, but did you know you could make single serving pies in them? Or salads for a week?


I never throw anything away, so I have a crap-ton of jars to make cool stuff with now. I'm very excited.


Happy crafting!

-Shala-

No comments:

Post a Comment