Friday, July 06, 2012

1911 Build Part II

A while back, I mentioned I was going to try and build a 1911.  Well, I now have all the parts I need except for one vital part, the lower receiver, I mean frame.  The frames are out of stock with no known ETA, so it's time to play the waiting game.  I was able to install the barrel link and barrel link pin onto the barrel, as well as adding the hammer strut to the hammer, again with the help of a small roll pin.  Finally, I assembled the main spring housing and lanyard loop (a small punch and vice works much better than a cow with a nail in it for this step).  I got the slide today from UPS so I can install the firing pin spring, firing pin, firing pin stop the extractor.  So it looks like tonight I have about 5 minutes of work before it's back to the waiting game.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment