Thursday, July 05, 2012

The Big Bang

Did you have a good Fourth of July? I hope you did, my Fourth was quite fun. The wife and I took the kids to Erie on Tuesday night to see the fireworks. That show was pretty boring, lots of little fireworks and not too many booms. They did however, have an awesome finale that lasted well over a minute. Then on the Fourth we went to Broomfield's fireworks show. We got as close as we could and it paid off, the show was pretty amazing. It lasted about 20 minutes and most of the show was giant mortars that seemed to be going off directly above us. The downside to the Broomfield show was the extremely short finale. I was expecting a finale at least as good as Erie had, but it only lasted about 20 seconds. Overall, I had a fun time hanging out with the family and watching the fireworks.

Even though I had a good Fourth, it looks like the best 20 second "finale" was in San Diego. I've seen this show a few times in previous years and it's awesome. But yesterday they had no show, and an amazingly awesome finale. San Diego had four barges and a pier packed with fireworks all go off in 20 seconds. The show was supposed to be 20 minutes long, and fell a bit short at 20 seconds. But that 20 seconds was beautiful.


-T-

No comments:

Post a Comment