Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy...Oil...

Recently it was recommended to me by my trainer that I be sure and get my daily does of fish oil.  This is something that I have heard was beneficial and tried taking before but let's face it..fish oil pills are big, gross, and cause nasty fish-tasting burps.  However fish oil, which includes cod-liver oil, is a significant source of the Omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA.  These fatty acids have numerous, documented health benefits: improved cholesterol balance, reduced inflammation, increased blood flow, reduced rates of heart disease and atherosclerosis, better immune system function,improved brain function, improvement in psychiatric disorders, and prevention of cancers (particularly breast, colon, and prostate). When I told this to my trainer he laughed and recommend sfh fish oil.  Sfh produces liquid fish oil from natural sources that comes in several flavors: lemon, tangerine, mint, vanilla, and chocolate.  It's actually very tasty and my personal favorite is the mint.  If you're interested in taking a daily dose of fish oil, give it a try you won't be disappointed!

Ta ta for now,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment