Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sweet, Sticky Goodness


I recently found out that honey is not only delicious on toast, delightful in tea and a great sub for sugar in tons of recipes, but it can also be used as a gentle face wash.

I was reading a blog post about honey over at www.marksdailyapple.com the other night and one of the readers commented that she uses honey as a face wash followed by almond oil for moisture. She said that before she started washing with honey her face had pimples, red patches and dry areas, and now she doesn't even wear makeup. Holy cow! I thought about how awesome it would be to have skin nice enough to go without makeup, so I gave it a try.

I noticed a difference with the very first wash. My skin looked bright and it felt so soft. I didn't have any oil to follow up with, but I didn't need it.

The important thing is to use raw, unfiltered honey. It acts as a natural peroxide and has antibacterial properties that clean up the bacteria on your face. Just remove your makeup if you wear it, wet your face, put about a teaspoon of honey in your hand and rub in small circles. Leave it on your face while you finish up your nightly routine, (you know, brush your teeth, floss, change your clothes, etc...) and then rinse. It comes off easier than I imagined. Finish up with a splash of cold water to close your pores and you're set! You can also use almond or coconut oil to moisturize when you're finished.


If any of you give this a try, I'd LOVE for you to share your results!



-Shala-

No comments:

Post a Comment