Wednesday, September 05, 2012

High Altitude Deliciousness

Over the long weekend my family and I battled the holiday traffic for over two hours to barely make it onto the famous Cog Railway. It was so stressful trying to get there, but it was totally worth it. Once we got on the train, we made our way up to the tippy top of Pike's Peak. The ride was awesome and the scenery was beautiful. As the train climbed higher, the temperature dropped like crazy. It was so cold at the top, people were wearing hats, gloves and coats. I didn't even think about the temperature. I was in a t-shirt and shorts and The Toddler only had on a dress. The cold wind hurried us into the gift shop at the top where we quickly purchased a hoodie for the little one and a blanket for the trip down, but those weren't the only things we bought.

The left side of the shop is a restaurant that sells snacks, coffee and the most delicious donuts I've ever tasted in my life! Apparently, it's a recipe that only works at 14,114 feet. Bummer!

I'd buy a whole mess of them, but they don't taste as awesome once you start getting closer to sea level. Bummer again!

I guess those precious little puffs of dough will have to remain a special treat that can only be enjoyed at the top of Pike's Peak.

Until next time,

-Shala-


No comments:

Post a Comment