Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Crayons Have It


Lately, I've been noticing myself looking in our fridge at leftovers wondering how long they've been in there. I know I end up throwing out food that's still good and eating food that I really shouldn't be. I've tried lots of different methods of keeping track, but none of them seemed to work longer than a week. A while back I thought it would be a good idea to use masking tape on the food containers to mark when it was made. I had a roll of masking tape hanging on the fridge with a little pen next to it, but it never got used either and now I'm not even sure where the tape is.

A month or so back we started teaching The Toddler at home and had to buy school supplies. I wanted to get her some dry erase markers, so she could reuse a lot of her worksheets, but they were pretty expensive and only had a few colors. I continued shopping for the remaining items on the list giving up on the idea of reusing worksheets. That is until we got to the crayon aisle... Did you know there is such a thing as dry erase crayons?! I was so excited when I found them! They're way cheaper than the markers, non-toxic, odorless, washable and come in so many more colors than the markers do. I have The Toddler's worksheets in page protectors now and the crayons wipe off great! Couldn't have asked for a better solution.

Last night while I was putting away dinner and preparing my lunch for work today, I noticed The Toddler's dry erase crayons on the floor. I thought for a second, picked one up, wrote on my container, wiped it off and eureka!I can use dry erase crayons to mark the dates on leftovers! Works great. No tape, no calendars, no organizational system to keep up with in the fridge, no more wasted food and no more risk of tummy aches.

If you have leftover woes, too, you should definitely pick up a box of dry erase crayons and give this solution a try. I think this one is really going to work for us :)


-Shala-

No comments:

Post a Comment