Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Surprise!


The ground level of our house has wood flooring and we love it, but everything upstairs, including the stairs, is carpet. I hate carpet. For a while now, we've been saving up to add wood floors upstairs, too, but it's taking forever and it's so expensive.

Last weekend, I built a bookcase in our hallway and had to pull up a little carpet to attach it to the wall. As I pulled up the corner I took a peek under the carpet and guess what I found. Our entire top floor is wood (not like real wood, but the fake wood flooring. Still way better than carpet)! After I finished building our bookcase, I went into our spare room and started pulling up carpet. I got half of the room finished and it's so awesome! No more icky carpet and the wood floor underneath wasn't too awful. It was really dirty, but the floor itself was in great shape.

I still can't really believe we've been living in that house for two years now with wood floors we didn't even know about. Crazy awesome!


Hope the trash guys don't mind taking the old carpet. Maybe I should get them a gift card or something :)


Happy Wednesday!

-Shala-

No comments:

Post a Comment