Thursday, April 18, 2013

Farm animals don't belong in the house!

As you tell from my previous blogs, I tend to be a bit impulsive. Recently I decided to get a baby goat. I have always thought goats were really cute, and was so excited when I found out a baby was available. The only problem is we don't own a farm. We live in the suburbs. I did grow up in the country, but we never owned goats growing up, and I never imagined they would be this much trouble. We had read ahead of time that the goat needs a companion but we figured the Dog could be his companion. The dog is not interested in being the goat’s companion, and if we leave the goat alone he starts bleating really loudly. That means that the goat is in the house most of time. We have plans to put the goat outside as soon as the weather gets better and maybe get him a companion goat, but in the meantime, my husband and I have gotten no sleep, we clean up goat droppings constantly, and we run around trying to stop the goat from eating everything from paint to toilet paper. To make matters worse, the goat has recently discovered his ability to jump over nearly all the blockades we have set up, and how to head butt. After nearly a week of this, we have decided the goat must go outside or to a farm. Goats do not belong in the house. Although I've gotten quite attached to the little guy, I'm more attached to my sleep, and he won't last much longer at this rate. Hope the weather gets better and we find a little "friend" for Billy soon because I can't take it anymore! :) Have a great day!

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment