Thursday, May 02, 2013

Dancing



Hello Everyone!
I am a huge country music fan! Not only that, but I LOVE line dancing. Most people that have not line danced before, think it is fairly simple, but learning the basic steps can be quite difficult. After you get the hang of a few dances, it becomes a lot easier to pick up on the different dances. I have always considered myself to be a good dancer, especially in the individual dances. I have also considered myself to be quite good at partner dances as well like two-step, three-step, and swing dancing. I have even done multiple flips in the past. Recently my husband and I signed up for partner dance lessons together, and it actually was not my idea. He hasn’t danced a lot in the past, and I was content to let him stay home while I went out with my girlfriends. It was sweet that he wanted to learn for my sake, so I thought we would give it a try. It turns out we are both AWFUL dancers. I found out I am only as good as my leader. I found out my past leaders, poor poor leaders, had been flinging me around the dance floor probably getting stepped on, and slapped in the face with my elbows. I will either have to give up partner dancing all together or learn how to be not only a better follower, but also a better dancer. After these last few weeks, I might just have to stick to line dancing by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment