Friday, November 04, 2011

From mud to mountains

Well, it has snowed twice already here in Denver, which has me thinking about winter activities. I don't think I'll have the cash to do a lot of snowboarding this year so I am looking into some cheaper options. Ice fishing is on the menu because I already own all the necessary gear. I just need to give the lakes time to build up those much needed inches of ice.

I think one thing I used to enjoy in Oklahoma would be a lot better here in Colorado. And that is four wheelin'. I know it isn't cheap to get started, but it's not bad once you have a solid, reliable rig. In Oklahoma I had me an old Chevy K-10. For those of you who don't know, K=4x4 and 10=1/2 ton. I had to sell it because it not only was my mud slinger, but also was my daily driver. The shale pits and country road ditches liked to tear up parts. I sold my Nova a few weeks ago, so I have been itchin' for a new project and a 4x4 might be just what I need. It needs seating for 4 and I'd go with the short wheel base so I can stick to the tight trails. I'll also need a mild lift, tall, knobby tires, and some low gearing to match.

Here are the only remaining pictures of my old rig. Sorry they aren't better.

Oh, yesterday was Chevrolet's 100th birthday so Happy Birthday Chevy.

Have a good weekend!

Ruben

No comments:

Post a Comment