Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I've Got The Fever


Even though it's super cold outside and there's snow on the ground, I already have ants in my pants for Spring. Last weekend I cleared out all the plants and flowers that have died for the season, pulled up all the weeds, rearranged the backyard and have already started planning my super garden!

I've made it my goal to utilize every square inch possible for planting berries, vegetables, herbs and flowers this year. I'm even looking into an apple and an almond tree. For my plants that need support, like green beans and peppers, I'm going to make hanging planters with 5 gallon buckets and plastic paint, (so they don't look too much like 5 gallon buckets) to hang on the side of my house. The grape vine will go under those, so the water that drains will water the vines. I'm installing window boxes on all the windows and all the rock in the front yard is going to be replaced with blackberry bushes and their companion plants.

I really hope my yield is high, so I can try my hand at canning and freezing in the Fall. Wish me luck!


Happy Wednesday!
-Shala-

No comments:

Post a Comment