Thursday, March 14, 2013

Almost Spring



I finally planted my seeds. I have planted a whole slew of vegetables in the house, and I’m not finished yet. So far, I have broccoli, lettuce, spinach, and a bunch of flowers growing. I am still waiting to see results from the peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, and kale. This coming weekend, I hope to plant Potatoes, Carrots, Corn, and later on some Strawberries, Watermelon, and even Pumpkin! We have a peach tree in our yard, which I hope to use this year as well. I am originally from New York State where things grow much better. There is a lot more moisture, shade, and a little bit of a cooler temperature. It makes the ideal environment for wild raspberries and black raspberries. Delicious! Since I no longer live in NY, I have to start things early here. I can’t wait until my seeds finally produce a crop, then maybe I can save a little money on groceries! The only thing I need to do now is keep the cat from using my seed boxes, as kitty litter, and pray that the weather gets better! Happy almost Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment