Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Birthday To Everyone


At least that's what it seems like. September is a busy birthday month, (must be all the New Year celebrating). A coworker's daughter has a birthday on the third, my dad's birthday is the 12 followed by Ruben's dad and cousin on the 13. Then my sister's birthday is the 15 and it doesn't stop there. Ruben's sister celebrates her birthday on the 16 and then another cousin will be 25 on the 22. After that Ruben's birthday is the 23, Will's the 29 and did I mention my uncle Mike? His birthday is September 9. Crazy, right? You would think that after all these years I'd remember to start buying gifts a little early, but no. I found myself printing cards at home and scrambling around trying to think of gifts for everyone. In a perfect world, I'd have a wonderful gift to send to everyone along with a thoughtful card and it would arrive exactly on their special day. In the real world, they're lucky to get a printed card a few days late with a generic "Happy Birthday" on the front. This year I did manage to whip up a bracelet for my sister, but the others got squat. I'm thinking I'll start buying gifts now for all the birthdays next year. Heck, I might even pre sign all their cards and stick them in an envelope so they're all ready to go. From my experience, only grandmas have the ability to send out birthday cards to everyone on time, so I don't feel too terrible.

I'd like to know how some of you handle birthdays. Do your cards and gifts make it out on time or are you just as bad as me?


-Shala

No comments:

Post a Comment