Friday, September 30, 2011

Putting holes in things.

Well, it's about to get cold. That means one thing. We need to get out and do as many warm weather activities as we can before it's too late. About a week ago Shala, and I went out and killed some empty soda cans. We went to the Arapaho National Forest and hiked to a nice open area, away from people and with a good back drop. It was a pretty nice day. We went through about 100 rounds and maybe 30 soda cans and 2 targets. I highly recommend the shoot'n'see targets. They show bright green or orange where you hit instead of just a tiny hole. Shala's .380 had a few failure to fires, and upon cleaning it, I found a broken firing pin spring, but the manufacturer has a free firing pin assembly on the way to us now so everything should be good. My .40 was almost flawless except for a few rounds that tried to get hung up on the feed ramp. I have since removed the factory paint from the feed ramp and polished it up to a brilliant shine. I think next time we're going to take Trevor with us so we can teach him how to shoot.


Ruben

No comments:

Post a Comment