Thursday, February 16, 2012

Don't Slouch

I've recently noticed that I have horrible posture at work. I'm either curled over my keyboard or propped up on the arm of my chair. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm doing it until I start to hurt. This whole week I've tried to make myself sit up straight as much as I can. It's uncomfortable, but I have noticed improvements. When I sit up, I type more efficiently, I'm able to focus more easily on my task and I haven't been as sleepy as usual. Of course it could all be a coincidence, but I think I'll keep at it.

I know that the right posture, (and position!) is very important for people that do most of their work at a desk, so I looked up some tips and I found this really cool series on super quick yoga moves you can do in your office. These are supposed to help you improve your posture, open your mind and reduce stress. Who doesn't want to reduce stress at work?

http://www.yogajournal.com/officeyoga/

The website claims that the moves can be done in under two minutes and will undo tension in the most common problem areas for desk workers. I didn't have a chance to look through the videos, but I did watch the intro video and it seems like something everyone could put into practice to reduce stress on their bodies and minds. I'd like to give it a try.


Namaste :)
Shala

No comments:

Post a Comment