Thursday, February 02, 2012

Crazy Weather

The past few weeks we've had crazy warm weather for this time of year. I've only lived in Colorado two years, but I'm pretty sure 60 degrees in January isn't the norm. My family lives in Arkansas and they haven't even started Winter yet. Christmas, they had 60 degree weather and right now it's almost 70! Now, I'm not going to blame Global Warming or the Mayans, but you have to admit the weather is getting a little weird.

When I was a kid growing up in Oklahoma, we had several tornadoes a week (it wasn't unusual to see a few a day) during "Tornado Season". Now, Spring rolls around and there are hardly any severe storms. Where's Tornado Alley now? If you look at weather maps from 2011 and 2010 it's moved to the East. This year, "The Alley" is predicted to move more toward the North East. Crazy, right?

Have you experienced unusual weather this year or last?


Whatever the weather, stay safe!
Shala


PS. I wrote this blog on Tuesday. I may have jinxed us because tomorrow we're supposed to have a blizzard. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment