Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'm Going To Asia!

I've spent way too many days at the Denver Zoo in the last year. Having kids sort of forces this on me. I feel like I know every little creature, all the hiding spots, and all the short cuts. Last time the family was at the zoo we took short cut through a fence. No lions, tigers, or bears on the other side, just a boring walkway full of people. I'm sure the next time we cut through a fence we'll come face to face with Sir Panthera Leo.

I've been waiting for quite a while for Asian Tropics to open up. The Denver Zoo has been building Asian Tropics for well over a year. Set to open on June 1, you probably don't want to go for the first few weeks. It freaks me out to think of how packed the zoo will be. The highlight of Asian Tropics will be the Asian elephants. There will be two females and two bulls, two bulls with giant tusks. This will be the first time I've seen tusks on an elephant in real life. Should be a lot of fun for the family. Save your trip for after I've gone. 

Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment