Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Yay Moms!


So, Mother's Day is coming up and I want to do something out of the ordinary for mine. This day usually sneaks up on me leaving me running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to find some type of gift that I can ship to her in time (We have a state between us). I'm not going to lie, her gifts usually show up a bit late. Luckily, this year I'm a little ahead of the game and I have the perfect gift idea.

My mom loves plants, so I thought about sending her a hardy houseplant like a Croton, ZZ Plant or Peace Lily, but my mom also loves being outside. Maybe she'd like something for her back porch instead?

After giving it a bit of thought I decided the perfect gift would be a living succulent picture she can hang up in the yard. Perfect, but not so perfect. It'd be a little hard to mail her a box full of dirt and plants that will probably be dead by the time they arrive. What to do? Well, she loves working outside...


Ding!


This year for Mother's Day I am going to build her the frame for her picture frame garden and send it to her along with a gift card to Home Depot, so she can buy the succulents she wants, and instructions for creating her living picture.

I'm super excited about this one! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, there's a great tutorial with pictures at http://www.bhg.com/gardening/container/plans-ideas/make-a-living-succulent-picture/


Yay for Moms!
-Shala-

No comments:

Post a Comment