Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cookies!

Yesterday after work I stopped at the grocery store on my way home to pick up a few staples we seem to always be out of. I'd spent a good minute or two picking out some yogurt and just as I began my search for milk that didn't expire yesterday I spotted it. It was the most delicious looking package of premade cookie dough sitting there next to the cheese, beckoning me to come take a closer look. Now, I usually opt for homemade cookies, but at the time I had a really bad hankerin for some sweets, (which is why it is never wise to send me to the store with a hungry belly). What better sweet is there than a delicious cookie? None, so in one move, I dropped a gallon of milk in my cart and scooped up that package of dough. Luckily milk was the last on my list or I may have gone home without the rest of my groceries.

Once I finally made it back home I threw the groceries on the kitchen counter, turned on the oven and put those cookies on a pan. It, of course, took two eternities for the oven to preheat, but I couldn't risk burning the cookies. After taking its dandy time, the oven was finally hot, so I slapped those cookies in there and waited. "Dinner? Forget dinner. There are cookies in the oven"...is what might have come out of my mouth if my family didn't share the same passion for cookies as me. At last, "ding!". They're done!

I opened the oven and to my shock they were burnt to a crisp! Blacker than the tires I drove home on...


Totally kidding! They were beautiful! And tasty, too! Probably the most delicious not homemade cookie ever. Peanuts, caramel and chocolate all rolled into flat little circles of heaven. I know you're probably wondering what kind of cookies they were, so I'll tell you. "Peanut Caramel Milk Chocolate Cookie Dough" from Immaculate Baking.

Turns out they have a ton of products. Cookies, pie crusts, biscuits and more! Their cinnamon rolls look pretty darn good, too.


Happy Wednesday! Hope I didn't make you too hungry :)

-Shala-


PS. We did eventually have dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment