Friday, February 22, 2013

YIKES!

My car is a clunking and a squeaking as I drive down the road which means something is wrong. So I took it to the Dodge dealer's shop  and they determined the Tie Rod Ends and Tension Struts are bad on my Dodge Charger. No worries though because the Dodge dealer said they could fix it for a measly $1,756.86 ($756.86 for parts and $1,000 for labor) YIKES! After rubbing my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things, the price still read $1,000 for labor. That sure seemed like a boatload of money for just replacing a few suspension parts. So I did some research and found the parts for half of what they wanted to charge for parts and found a mechanic to do the labor for 1/3 of the price. So in all I will have about $700 in the fix and that includes a basic tuneup. Much better than the $1,756.86 I was quoted by the dealer.


Good Friday
Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment