Thursday, February 28, 2013

DISC



Do you ever wonder how to communicate better with your spouse, how to work better in a team and how to motivate others? What about why some of your friends love to go out, and others prefer to be alone more often?  I would suggest taking as DISC assessment test, and encouraging those around you to take one as well.  A DISC assessment test is a personality test that scores the person taking it into the 4 personality categories of Dominance/Drive, Inducement/Influence, Submission/Steadiness, and Compliance/Caution. The test is based on the DISC personality theory of Psychologist William Marston, and the version we see today was developed by John Geier who simplified the test.
You can even go a step further after taking the test and read more about these personality traits. This can teach you about communication techniques that work best for yourself and with others. Additionally you can learn about motivational factors for yourself and others, as well as likes and dislikes of those around you.
A friend of mine insisted I take the test a while back, and I refused because I thought it was silly, but eventually I agreed to take it, and discovered it was actually very helpful.  I learned what categories I fit into as well as what categories my husband and some of my friends fit into. Obviously I already had a good idea of what motivates me and what forms of communication I preferred, but it got interesting when I exchanged DISC tests with someone else.  I learned about how they prefer to be talked to, and how to encourage them. You an even go a step further and briefly study what type of parenting style generally produces a certain character type, and if you have kids or employees  how to handle that personality type better. 
So go and take the test! Learn how to get along with others better, and how to become more effective in relationships! I don’t think you’ll regret it. If you would like to take a test for free you can go to www.123test.com/disc-personality-test/
“DISC assessment” Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia Wikipedia foundation.,Inc, 28 Feb. 2013 web
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DISC_assessment

Have a great day!

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment