Thursday, February 07, 2013

Let's Start Some Seeds!


It's February now and almost time to start some seeds indoors. I always have trouble remembering when to start my seeds and almanacs are so in depth I tend to shy away, so I turned to the trusty old internet. A planting helper I searched for and www.sproutrobot.com I found.

This website takes your zip code and tells you when you need to start seeds indoors and outdoors. It's awesome! You can get email reminders to start the 10 most popular fruits and veggies for free, or you can sign up for a paid account and get all kinds of emails for multiple locations and tons of different plants. I signed up for the free account and it has info for pretty much everything I need to plant.

February 24th I start my tomatoes and jalapenos. I think I'm going to try the plastic bottle and cotton string method this year, so I don't have to water them as often. Plus, I've had about twenty little plastic bottles in my craft room for almost a year now. They're the perfect size for the job. Now I just need to get my hands on some thick cotton string...

I think I might actually have a garden this year. I'm pretty excited :D


Happy Thursday!

-Shala-


No comments:

Post a Comment