Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Be Thrifty

You can save tons of money by shopping at thrift stores, but you can also end up spending way more than you mean to. I know first hand how hard it can be staying in a budget with all of the awesome deals you see. We went yesterday to buy a few pairs of pants for The Toddler and I ended up spending 60 dollars on sweaters, books, toys and shoes. Oh, and I didn't forget the pants, she got 6 pairs. My favorite thrift store is Mile High Thrift in Northglenn. They have tons of stuff, great prices and always have specials going on. They only accept cash, but they also have an ATM, so leave your debit card at home if you're trying to stay within your budget.

Some of the great deals I've found:

Brand new Roxy coat with tags for $9.
Six boxes of crayons, three boxes of pencils, two boxes of pens and a ton of erasers, (all brand new!) for $3.
Huge box of K'nex only $5.
Tons and tons of books. They're usually in a pack of 15 or so for less than $2.
And a bag of 30 shirts for $4.95.


I bet I've saved over a thousand dollars by shopping at thrift stores. Next time you're in need for new clothes, or anything else, check out a thrift store first. You might save some dough.


Happy Thrifting!

Shala

No comments:

Post a Comment