Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Week's Worth of Meals

I really dislike Winter. Not because it's cold and snowy, I can handle that. I hate Winter because it's dark when my alarm goes off in the morning and it's dark when I get home from work. It's not like I have to go to sleep when the Sun goes down, but I still feel like there are less hours in each day. Since I am pretty much Sun powered, I have close to no energy when I get home and I definitely don't want to spend it on making dinner. I thought it would be a cool experiment to make all the dinners for the week on Saturday or Sunday. Instead of getting home, trying to figure out what to make, waiting on meat to thaw, cooking and cleaning, I can just pop a meal in the oven, or in a skillet, and eat. No prep means I only have to wash the dishes we eat on and I don't have to waste time thinking of what to make...it's already made. Here are a few make-ahead meals I'd like to try:

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Mac and Cheese Casserole
Gumbo
Lasagna
Potato Soup
Stew
Breaded Chicken Strips
Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole


If this works well I might dive into more creative meals, so if you have any make-ahead favorites, or any tips on preparation and storage, let me know!

-Shala

No comments:

Post a Comment