Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Dinner

Ruben and I have family from Oklahoma staying with us this Christmas and when we have people stay with us I always try to plan our meals ahead of time. I like to get all of my shopping done and prepare what I can before the guests arrive. Up until yesterday, I was planning on making a traditional Christmas meal, (which in my family is usually ham, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, some kind of casserole and couple other items). Last night, I thought it would be cool to have a barbecue Christmas dinner instead. Pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, maybe a brisket, homemade potato salad, baked beans, fried okra, coleslaw and fries. I can't wait to start cooking for this meal! It's not a "traditional" Christmas meal, but if people in Japan can eat KFC for Christmas, I can have my BBQ :) What's your "traditional" Christmas meal? Is it similar to my family's or something completely different?


Happy cooking!

Shala

No comments:

Post a Comment