Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Watch What You Eat!

I'm not one to preach about diets, so I won't preach about diets. This has to do with how quick your world can change just by eating something. The current news story that had me double checking what type of formula my baby is consuming, turns out to be a lot of speculation at this point. Earlier this month a Missouri child consumed a popular brand of baby formula and died from the cronobacter sakazukii bacteria. I heard that story a while back and didn't think much of it. However, earlier today I heard on the news that a few more children from different parts of the country had gotten sick. This got my attention, but not to worry, the other cases were caused by something other than baby formula. So as this has turned out to be a non-issue so far, at least for my family, there are many other ways you can eat and get sick, or worse. In 2010, 44 states reported Salmonella outbreaks from red and black pepper. 11 States with Salmonella outbreaks from alfalfa sprouts. Of course here in Colorado we had the Listeria outbreak from cantaloupe, I still don't eat cantaloupe even though there is no danger from it now. The list can go on forever, romaine lettace, eggs, raw milk, it just doesn't end. So keep an mouth out, you never know if you've just taken your last bite.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment