Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How's My Driving?

Would you trade privacy for savings?  With the dawn of the technology age, this is a question we get asked all the time.  And today my answer is, "You bet your asterisk  I would!" I hate driving in Colorado.  By far, I have the farthest commute to work of any of the other employees here at Old Will, and there's never a day when I don't encounter at least one idiot driver.  If sacrificing my privacy meant there would be safer roads, less moronic drivers, and a greater chance of evading speeding tickets - I'm all in.   Check out these two interesting articles about driving and technology and you might just agree.  The first is about an app introduced by State Farm Insurance where people can get discounts on their car insurance if they agree to let their driving habits be monitored.  The second is about a smart young man who was able to evade a speeding ticket by using his Google GPS on his smartphone to prove in court that he indeed wasn't speeding at the time of his ticket.  Why didn't I ever think of that?

State Farm App

Smart Man



Over and out,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment