Friday, May 06, 2011

Safety First

Hi,

I wanted to drop a quick note, updating you on my post from last week.  I wrote about building things, specifically carpentry related.  While using my old, worn out router to cut some dados, the motor came apart, and sent the blade stop, and other plastic and metal shrapnel flying in all directions.  Luckily, I did not get anything in my eyes (or any other part of me).  The only kind of protection I was wearing was a set of ear plugs, which would not have helped my eyes if anything had happened.  Lesson learned:  Always wear hearing and eye protection.  Just because it's never happened before does not mean it never will.  My dad has had to have metal shavings drilled out of his eyes more than once in the past and it does not look fun.  
Also, please, please, please wear your seatbelt everywhere you drive (or ride).  I am making a visit back to my hometown under the worst of circumstances.  And if not for yourself, wear it for your friends and family.
Bye,
Ruben

No comments:

Post a Comment