Friday, June 22, 2012

Buildin' Stuff Part 3

Well, I used to be a mechanic for many years and I have always wanted to build a project car.  There once was a time when I had the knowledge, tools, ability and time, but was lacking in the area of $$$$.  Cash is still thin, but I'm sure I could skim a bit here and there to make it work, but the problem I'm facing now is time, and the fact that my Home Owners Association will not let me work on a car in my own driveway.

So I decided I wanted to build a kit car.  It is a complete kit that you can assemble over a weekend inside your garage, oh wait.  I don't have $20,000 for the kit or $5,000 for the engine, or $4,000 for the tranny, drive shaft, rear axle, wheels and tires (which are all not included in the COMPLETE build kit.

So instead I bought a parts kit to build a gun. To be specific, it is an M1911A1 (Pre-70).  This is going to be a mil-spec plinker just for fun at the range, but plan on making a few more, like a super reliable and smoothed out carry gun, and a match grade pistol for driving tacks.  I've never built a gun before so wish me luck!

Bye,
Ruben

1 comment:

  1. AR-15's are great to build too. And if you get into reloading I think you'll be able to weigh things out well enough!

    ReplyDelete