Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cabbage Soup


The past few days I've been thinking about things to blog about.

I was going to write about spinach because I eat it almost everyday. Then I thought about writing something about The Toddler's new bed and what colors we should paint it. I also played with the idea of writing about video games and how much I love them even though I don't have the temper for them. Then I remembered watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory earlier this week with Ruben and The Toddler.

Watching that movie really reminded me that I have a lot to be thankful for. I don't live in a house that's missing parts of the walls. I don't have four old people sleeping in my living room and I don't have to eat boiled cabbage everyday for every meal. Instead, I'm able to buy the groceries I want. My parents and parents-in-law still live on their own and our house has all of its walls.

I know the Bucket family is fictional, but there are a lot of families out there living just like that. Heck, there are even some living worse. So, next time you get frustrated, mad, down about your job or not having enough money to go on vacation, try thinking about all the things in your life you are thankful for and be happy you don't have to live on cabbage soup.




Count your blessings!
-Shala-

No comments:

Post a Comment