Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A New Quilt for a New Bed


So, Ruben and I, (mostly Ruben) built The Toddler a new big kid bed. It's not just any old bed. It's a loft bed. With a playhouse underneath. And stairs. It's pretty amazing.

Since it's a bigger bed, we'll need to get new sheets and blankets for it. I thought it would be cool if I could make her an awesome quilt to go with her new awesome bed.

I have a little experience with quilting, so I don't think it will be too hard. The hard part is going to be shelling out the dough for the fabric. Wasn't there once a time where making things cost less than buying them? Anyway, I'm going with a night sky theme because the bed is raised. Since the aforementioned fabric is stupid expensive, I was thinking that bleach and glow-in-the-dark fabric paint might become my new friends. I really hope it actually gets finished. If it does, I'll post a pic!



Happy Wednesday!
-Shala-

No comments:

Post a Comment