Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Random

The shopping cart was first introduced on June 4, 1937. Invented by Sylvan Goldman who owned the Piggly Wiggly in Oklahoma City. Can you imagine trying to go shopping without a shopping cart. Prior to shopping carts customers would select a few items off the shelf and take them to the front counter and repeat that process until they had what they needed.
Since I mentioned OKC, go Thunder! I figure I can jump on the Thunder bandwagon since I'm technically from Oklahoma. Maybe I should switch from the Nuggets to the Thunder since the Nuggets never win.
Colorado has been all over the national news lately. The High Park Fire west of Fort Collins is all over the news due to how fast it grew. It grew from a two acre fire to 40,000 acres in only three days. As of right now it's at 43,433 acres and only 5-percent contained. It's going to be a very bad fire season. The other bit of news that went national was the great sidewalk chalk debate. The family-friendly neighborhood of Stapleton is going to start fining home owners whose children use sidewalk chalk. I'm sure this will not go through after all this national attention.
A quote I heard by Jim Rohn, "It's the bottom of the ladder that is crowded, not the top".

Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment