Friday, June 15, 2012

Dancing in My Flip Flops

I'm very excited for this weekend,even though things came together a bit last minute.  I am officially one week away from having two weeks off of grad school, which is amazing!  But mostly, I'm excited to be attending the annual Flip Flop Ball this Saturday night. 

The concept is simple.
        Semi-Formal Attire ...a nice change of pace
        Everyone Wears Flip Flops ...an ode to summer
        The Best Party Venue in Town ...to set the vibe
        Denver's Best Party Band ...to get your dance on


 The best part is that it is all for a good cause as well.  This year all proceeds will benefit the Listen Foundation.  The Listen Foundation is a small non-profit that helps Colorado families with deaf or hard-of-hearing children learn to listen and talk so that they may have the same opportunities as other children, regardless of their ability to pay.  I really only dread the dress part...dresses aren't really my thing, but I'll make it work.  So, here's to a little fun for a good cause! Now, let's hope the weather cooperates. No one wants to dance in wet squishy flip flops. 

Cheers,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment