Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Butterflies, Fireworks and Dog the Bounty Hunter

Ruben, The Toddler and I had a pretty fun Fourth of July weekend. We went to a local butterfly pavilion and saw tons of butterflies, caterpillars and exotic plants, as well as, a bunch of tarantulas and some funky little bugs. The toddler had a blast and displayed an excellent amount of restraint by waving at each and every little butterfly that flew by instead of trying to catch it. If it wasn't so darn hot and humid in there, we probably would have let her stay all day. Sunday, we moseyed over to Heritage Square in Golden, Colorado to slide down their alpine slide (awesome) and do a little shopping. Totally worth the 30 minute drive! The Toddler rode the merry-go-round about a billion times*, we bought some goodies at The Wood Shop, (I bought a round tuit for a dollar!) and had some delicious treats at Magoo's Brew and Sweet Shop. It's a pretty cool little place. We even saw Dog the Bounty Hunter chillin with his wife**. To top it all off, we drove to Broomfield to enjoy some fireworks with Trevor, Dale and their families; excellent Fourth of July. Toddler is still throwing those little poppers at me and laughing. I think as long as it stays at poppers and doesn't progress to roman candles, I'll be alright :)


Adios
Shala

*When I say, “a billion” I really mean two.
**Seriously. It was awesome. I should have asked for a picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment