Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The End of an Era

Hello All,

I recently finished the "Harry Potter" series, and saw the final movie with some friends last weekend.  I must say that it was shockingly sad.  The movie was great, but now I can't help but think it's really disappointing that it's over, and I will never again see or read about Harry and his adventures.  At one point in the movie I looked over at my friend Lauren, and she was actually crying!  Crying at Harry Potter...needless to say she is a bit more obsessed with the series than I am.  I know this sounds terribly nerdy, but I felt the same exact way when the final episode of the TV series "Friends" aired.  Of course I know they are just characters, but you kind of feel like you know them in a way.  And the same went for "90210" and "The Babysitters Club"...I used to watch re-runs of the shows every weekday morning when I was home for the summer in high school.  I guess that's just how you know it was a really good book/TV show/movie series.   Know what I'm saying?!  So, if anyone of you out there are going to miss Harry Potter...you're not alone.


Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment