Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fishin' Update

Hello,

Well, Dale and I survived the fishing trip despite an unruly passenger. We pulled into Nebraska, and fished all night. I had to put some new line on one of my reels. While doing this, Dale decided to catch the only 11 fish in the whole lake, so by the time I got my line on, there was nothing left for me to catch. Oh well, I got to take home our limit which was 3 fish over 18". I brought them home, cut some fillets and heated up some grease. I prefer catfish but the hybrids we caught tasted great. I just used the simple cornmeal recipe, but if you ever want to cook some fish, I have some great simple recipes below:

Basic Fried Fish
Heat up some oil (just deep enough to submerse the fish plus a little extra)
Dredge the fish in cornmeal and any spices you like (I use cayenne pepper, creole, salt and pepper)
Carefully drop the fish in the hot oil (300 to 350 degrees F)
When they float, pull em out and eat.

Basic Beer Batter
Heat up a tablespoon or 2 of oil in a large pan.
Mix your favorite beer (something light) with all purpose flour (50/50)
Season as desired
Cover fish (or shrimp [or both!]) in batter, and make sure to shake off any excess or you'll have a real thick batter around your fish (which I prefer even though it'll clog up your heart in no time)
Fry on each side until golden in color

Enjoy!

Ruben

No comments:

Post a Comment