Friday, July 01, 2011

Anyone up for a bike ride?

I have been trying a little harder to stay in shape. Eating better (sometimes), lifting some weights, jumping some rope, and biking around my neighborhood and local bike trail make up the bulk of my routine. I haven’t been out in the last few weeks due to a virus I caught that I like to call the 42 hour Hollywood diet, which has left me feeling a little weak (and is the worst possible way to lose 7 pounds [apart from losing a limb] that I did not want to lose anyway). I get out of breath and a little dizzy just climbing the stairs. But anyway, I plan to start it all back up soon.

My favorite is biking because you get to see more of the outdoors and get some fresh air. It is also flexible in that you can speed up your cadence and get in some cardio, or shift up high, move slow and really work your muscles, or just cruise leisurely to get in some rest for the next push.

I found some trails next to my house that lead to one of the good fishing lakes. I thought it would be nice to have someone meet me there with a truck and some fishing poles. The trail is 97% bike trail, meaning no renegade cars to run you down and less exhaust to breath in. The entire ride consists of 2 trails and a handful of very short city streets just to get to and between the trails and is a total of 32 miles long. Google Maps says to cycle the trail stretching from Commerce City, Colorado all the way to Littleton would take 2 hours and 45 minutes. I think as long as someone is there to pick me up, I could make the ride there after a month of hard training. You can check out the trail below. Anyone want to join?

No comments:

Post a Comment