Wednesday, June 22, 2011

10 Minutes

On a usual morning, I wake up around 6:15 to get ready for work. After I'm dressed and all made up I wake up my little girl, get her dressed, do her hair and slather her with sunscreen, (Colorado sun is brutal). Once we're ready, I throw whatever I can find in the fridge into a bag for lunch and mosey out the door. Ruben always drives so I save time by eating in the car. Not a bad morning. I get an early enough start to make it to work on time without being rushed, (which is a good thing because I turn into a completely different person if I'm running late) but, I always wonder what it would be like if I woke up ten minutes earlier. Would it really be worth getting out of my comfy, cozy bed early to have those extra minutes? After thinking about it for a bit I realized that ten minutes is a lot longer than it seems. I could eat breakfast at my dining table instead of the passenger seat. I could work on a knitting project every morning before work, (because let's face it, I'm not going to work on one any other time). I could clean under our couch. I could write an email, sweep the floor, fold some laundry, fix the door(ha!)...heck, I could even get everything ready to start dinner when I get home. That sounds like a lot of doing for ten minutes. Turns out, there is a lot you can do in less than ten minutes. Here are a few things I've found:

You can...

Plan dinner for the night, or the week if you're really awesome
Slice up some cheese and fruit for grab and go snacks
And

  
I have a feeling I'm sleeping over some valuable time. What can you do in ten minutes?


Future early(ish) bird, 
Shala

No comments:

Post a Comment