Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wanna Be My Friend?

Just the other night my housemates and I were discussing how we can meet new friends at our age.  It seems it's not as easy at one might think.  I moved to Colorado about 3 years ago now and have been lucky enough to find a small group of friends, mostly through work.  But, from time to time I'm in the mood to do something new and many of my friends are busy either with their kids, or with work, or school, or church, or they just simply already have plans.  So how and the heck am I supposed to meet new people to hang out with?  Well, I found just the place, or places I should say, and it's all due to some work-related research here at Old Will.  You see, I'm in charge of maintaining and expanding our exposure through social media outlets, and I'm always on the lookout for trends and places to dip Old Will's scoop (as in weighing scoop, ha, okay you didn't get it, maybe next time).  A few weeks ago, I discovered Meetup.  Meetup.com is a place where you can find local groups to join who share your interests.  Online retailers like Old Will are using Meetup to arrange events where they can physically meet and interact with customers in their area.  Kinda cool, right?  The variety of groups you can join (free of charge of course) is endless, from things like:  Tuesday night runs in Washington Park, monthly happy hours, book clubs, local movie fanatics, doggie play dates at local dog parks, charity groups, board game lovers, lifestyle groups like single moms and raw food dieters, the list goes on and on.  The motto of Meetup is "Do something.  Learn something. Share something. Change something."  I haven't joined a group yet myself, but I definitely plan to in the near future.  Check it out for yourself! 


Ta ta for now,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment