Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

Fall us upon us, but it still feels like summer here in Colorado. I figure one of these weeks it's going to start cooling down so I'd better get out and finish doing some of things I wanted to this summer.  Last Friday it was National Dog Day, so in celebration I decided to take my two dogs along with my friend Lauren's new puppy to  one of the biggest local dog parks - Chatfield State Park.  The Chatfield dog park has an off-leash area that is 69 acres of open space including two ponds and miles of paved and unpaved walking trails.  My Goldendoodle Charlie aka."Chuckernugger" loves the water and I practically had to jump in with him to get him out when it was time to go.  Sophie, Lauren's Swissy also took her first dip ever into the water and a few minutes later she was swimming like a champ. My other dog, Iggy the Chihuahua doesn't like the water...actually, he really doesn't like much of anything other than soft blankets and laying in the sun. So, he laid on the bank of the water most of the day and meditated.  All in all, it was an excellent way to spend the afternoon and great exercise for the dogs and us.



~Allison~

No comments:

Post a Comment