Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Hate The Heat

I absolutely, positively, can't stand, hate more than anything, the heat that summer brings. I realize that I don't live in the hottest climate, however the last two months has just demolished me. This July, Colorado averaged a max temperature at 89.2 degrees f. with an average low of 60.9 degrees f. So with this hot summer coming to a very slow end, I'm looking forward to a nice cold and snowy winter. With that in mind I just got blasted with some horrible news. The National Weather Service Climate Prediction Center came out with its seasonal outlooks. The NWS is predicting an enhanced probability of above normal temperatures for the Southwestern US through the Great Plains to the Great Lakes. The precipitation isn't looking any better. The NWS is predicting below average winter for the Southwestern US eastward to Mississippi. They're also predicting just a slight chance of above average precipitation in the Northern Plains. To me, it looks as though Denver is just going to be boring and warm this winter.
We need a blizzard!
Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment