Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Growing, Growing, Gone


Ruben and I were watching a movie last night and, to my surprise, so was The Toddler. It wasn't even a little kid movie, but she was totally into it. I remember when trying to watch a movie with her around was impossible and now she watches them with us. I didn't realize how much she had grown until last night. When we moved into our house last November she wasn't even walking, and now she won't sit still. She runs everywhere, she can talk*, she plays by herself, she even helps me do laundry (yay!). It seems like yesterday she was an eight pound baby and tomorrow she'll be grown up and out of the house. Don't get me wrong, I love that she can tell me what she wants, can feed herself and all that good stuff. It just amazes me how fast time flies by when you're grown, (except when you're waiting in line at a smelly store**). Remember when it seemed like an eternity for Christmas to come around?

I sure am going to miss The Toddler's squishy, puffy cheeks when she outgrows them.


-Shala

*I'm pretty sure she's learned a second language because whatever she is saying most of the time is totally not English. She does have a Russian teacher so you never know.

**For whatever reason, the Wal Mart by our house always smells bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment