Monday, August 01, 2011

What would Trevor do?

I've got some family in town for a little over a week which got me thinking, what would I do for a week in Colorado if I had the time off? One day is already locked up with a Colorado Rockies game. That's some pretty standard fun for Colorado. So with six days left, I'll head west to Rocky Mountain National Park. I've been there a hundred times but I still enjoy going. Some camping would be in store, maybe Timber Creek campground. With five days to go, I'd do the tour of the ski cities. Aspen and Breckenridge would be on the list, the drive alone would make for a good scenic day. Only four days left on the Tour de Colorado, let's stop at Strawberry Park outside Steamboat Springs. Strawberry Park is a cool (hot) little hot springs with some cabins right next to the springs. Three days to go and I'm heading down to Durango and Mesa Verde. I've never been to SW Colorado so that would be interesting. The trip is almost over, two more days and I'm going camping at the Pinyon Flats Campground that has awesome views of the sand dunes and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. My last day would be spent at the top of Pikes Peak. Pikes Peak and the whole area around Pikes Peak have tons of things to do. So that concludes my little hypothetical week long adventure in Colorado.
What would you do?
Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment