Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Untapped Resources - The Public Library

Hi All,

The past week I've been struggling to get my school work down before the wee hours of the night.  Why? Distractions! I decided I'm perfectly cut out for online classes, but I just can't do them at home.  Home is a place for winding down and relaxing with loved ones, and it presents too many opportunities for me to stray away from my assignments.  In my current class, I have what seems to be endless amounts of reading and three written assignments due each week.   And not only do I procrastinate while at home, but it really doesn't help that the weather continues to be hot and I don't have air conditioning.  It's super hard to focus on reading when all you can think about is Popsicles and swimming pools.  Luckily, I discovered the perfect solution to all my problems - The Public Library.  I pass it nearly every day and never thought I had a good reason to stop in and check it out until now.  Well, the library is awesome. It's cool, it's comfortable, it's quiet, and it's full of resources to help me accomplish everything I need to do.  My town of Aurora, CO actually has three public libraries in total.  The best part about the library is, it's FREE! I always knew a library card was free (unless you don't bring stuff back on time), but I never realized how many other things a public library has to offer.  The Aurora library offers free weekly computer classes on things like mastering word and excel, using the Internet, e-mail, and searching for jobs online.  They even offer free practice tests for the ACT, SAT, and GMAT.  Not to mention all the cute activities for kids like story times and fun educational programs.  So, take the time to rediscover your public library, I promise you won't be disappointed.

To find your local public library go here: http://www.publiclibraries.com/

To easy reading,
Allison






No comments:

Post a Comment