Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Garden Next Spring?


I love gardens! With the right preparation and care, gardens will provide you with food at a fraction of what the grocery stores charge and, usually, you have plenty fruits and veggies to share with friends and family. You don't have to worry about pesticides, you don't have to think about people feeling all over the fruits and vegetables when shopping and you are pretty much guaranteed freshness. I have wanted to start a garden in my backyard for the past three years. Each time, something different has come up, but this year I'm determined. I've already started plans for beds, I've already bought the seeds, I've even decided that I am going to get everything ready this Fall for planting in the Spring. I'm working on plans for an irrigation system and compost heap and I'm even studying up on canning and freezing. I'm so excited to get started.

If you have any planting tips, canning and freezing advice or if you know of anything that grows really well here in Colorado, let me know!


-Shala

No comments:

Post a Comment