Monday, August 29, 2011

Tough Decisions..

Hi,

Well, a while back, I bought a 1977 Chevy Nova for a project car. I have been waiting patiently for a clear title (and do not feel like paying $400 for lost title on a heap of metal) but have not yet received one. So the first tough decision is whether to pull off all the body panels, clean them up and sell them (along with any other parts that can be salvaged), or just get the whole thing crushed and pocket some quick easy cash.

My next tough decision is for a car to replace it. I really like old muscle cars and I have all the tools and can do most of the work, but have a very limited space, so a frame off restoration just isn't likely to occur on my property. I think the best bet is to just purchase something already in good shape. Something I could just clean up and drive. Of course I would still throw in a bigger motor eventually and clean up the body, paint, and interior. I'm thinking maybe a 1986 Monte Carlo SS, or a 4x4 Chevy Pickup.

My current plan is to pick up an old 350 Chevy block and a crank out of a 400 small block and throw together a solid, high compression 383 and rebuild either a T5 manual, or a TH400 automatic transmission to mate to it and let those sit in my garage until the perfect project finds me. Most everything fancy on Craigslist is missing both anyway.

Bye,

Ruben

No comments:

Post a Comment