Thursday, April 28, 2011

Buildin' Stuff

Hi,
I’ve decided to take on a few new projects at home.  The projects I’m looking at are mainly carpentry related.  I think it all started many years ago when I was about 10.  My grandpa used to build bird houses and I would go to his place and he would help me make them.  I also enjoy working with my hands.  I was a mechanic for a while and still like to turn wrenches in my spare time.  I’m just waiting on a clear title to start on my Nova.  But as far as carpentry, I’m still pretty new to the sport.  I just built a huge shelving system in my garage which is 10 feet wide, 8 feet tall, and 2 feet deep to accommodate big plastic boxes full of all that stuff that used to reside on the garage floor.  After that Shala and I made a “built-in” desk and a nice shelf to go above it.  My current project is a set of baby gates.  One gate for upstairs and one gate downstairs.  My little girl has started walking so it’s on the top of my list.  After that, I plan on making a coat rack and a corner shelf for my office.  I’ve read somewhere that plants are good so I need a shelf to keep one on (and maybe a picture of my little girl).  I have not lost any fingers yet, (although I had a very close call on a tire mounting machine at a Ford dealership I used to work at as a diesel tech.  I hope that if I lose one, it’s not an important one.  On the subject, scoot over to YouTube and search “world's safest saw” and check that out.  It’s a table saw with an electric current running through the blade.  If your body contacts it, it grounds out and causes the blade to drop below the table and not cut off any appendages. 
Bye,
Ruben

No comments:

Post a Comment