Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Soap's No Joke

Soap making is a serious process that requires exact amounts of each ingredient for smooth going. That's the very reason the majority of soap makers use scales to weigh each of their ingredients, even the water, to make sure the right amounts of each ingredient go into their soap mixture. Today, I had the pleasure of talking to a long time soap maker, and long time customer, whose scale finally went kaput after years of use. After I got her all fixed up with a new scale, I told her that I have been interested in making soap for a long time but never got around to it. Turns out, she's not only a member but the Vice President of a very well recognized soap guild and directed me to their website: soapguild.org.

Their site is full of information for beginner, intermediate and veteran soap makers. I quickly found articles on types of soap, how soap is made, and even a list of soap making ingredients. This site has all the info I need to get started making my own soap...Now, I wonder where I could possibly find a scale? :)


Aaaaadios!

Shala

No comments:

Post a Comment