Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Save the Music ♪♫

Anyone who knows me really well knows that I LOVE music.  I listen to it, play it, and even attempt to create/write it from time to time.  I’ve played the piano since I was 5yrs old, the violin since high school, and most recently took up learning the acoustic guitar.  There is an entire room in my basement dedicated to my one woman band where I often produce tunes with the assistance of software like Mixcraft and Garageband.  In times of despair or intense frugality, I am known to give my songs out as gifts which I’m not sure my friends and family entirely appreciate, but haters will be haters :).   I’ve also been known to spend way too much time and money on purchasing my music. So, just yesterday I heard about the most amazing thing on one of our local radio stations and am ashamed that I did not know about it earlier, it’s called RECORD STORE DAY.  April 16th, 2011 marks the fourth annual event, which is designed to support and raise awareness of locally owned retailers at a time when they’re struggling to survive in competition with the big-box chain stores, online sales and digital downloading.  I think this is such an awesome cause, plus for music buffs like me it’s an opportunity to choose from hundreds of special limited-edition items created specifically for this event!  This year’s items are to include vinyl releases from AC/DC, Death Cab for Cutie, Derek & the Dominos, Lady Gaga, R.E.M. and the likes of Bruce Springsteen, to name just a few. Cool, huh?!  To find your participating store visit http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues, and for a complete list of what cool stuff is going to be available visit http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases. 

Ciao,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment